LOS ALTOS, Calif., July 27, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — DPL Telematics, a leading provider of advanced asset monitoring and telemetry technologies, announced today the release of the AssetCommand Base Tracking System. AssetCommand Base is an advanced solution for wireless monitoring and remote tracking of on road vehicles to improve productivity and safety while reducing fleet costs. The compact device tracks runtime, speed, trips, driver ID, idling, geofences, curfews, driver behavior and service schedules while empowering managers to remotely disable their assets.
The AssetCommand Base allows managers to remotely monitor their truck and vehicle fleet accurately from an intuitive, Internet-based software package and mobile app. The unit is the first telematics product of its kind to feature:
- Real time location updates with historical route log. Improve dispatching and access every vehicle’s location and history
- Accident and rollover detection. Real time notifications of potential safety issues or vehicle abuse
- Driver safety and behavior monitoring. Monitor speeding, harsh acceleration, braking, cornering, idling, and more to improve safety and prevent unnecessary wear on vehicles.
- Driver ID logging. Pair iButton® or RFID Readers for Driver ID, Access Control, and Logbooking.
- Maintenance scheduling. Set reminders based on distance traveled, run hours and calendar days to reduce maintenance and repair costs.
- Internal backup battery and antenna. Small form factor for fast installation and internal power in case primary power is lost
- Remote starter disable/enable. Asset immobilization for safety, theft or nonpayment concerns
- Little to no sky view required. May be hidden inside or under certain assets
- Wireless, two-way communication. Activate recovery mode or set movement alerts over the air from the software or mobile app
- Month to month agreement. No long-term contract, deactivate and reactivate anytime without penalty
The AssetCommand Base has a unique starter disable function which allows owners to immobilize the vehicle on demand from anywhere with an Internet connection to curb theft, unsanctioned use and other emergencies. When paired with an optional iButton® or RFID Reader the device will restrict starting to only authorized operators as well as log the specific driver activities. The AssetCommand Base also monitors speed, harsh braking, rapid acceleration, cornering and idling to improve safety and prevent unnecessary wear on vehicles.
The AssetCommand Base reports usage metrics such as runtime, odometer, idle time, movement, ignition status, and battery health. The device also has both internal antenna and backup battery, to make it easier to hide as well as alert should the primary power be lost. The platform also includes an intuitive service module for scheduling by runtime, odometer or calendar and notifying whichever threshold is reached first. The easy-to-use solution is an effective tool to reduce service costs, maximize uptime and eliminate manual errors.
"The market has been seeking an affordable, quick installing vehicle telematics solution with an intuitive user interface," said Tony Nicoletti, VP of Business Development at DPL Telematics. "In the AssetCommand Base we have introduced Driver ID options along with an easy-to-use service scheduling platform to reduce potential safety hazards, accurately log usage and reduce unnecessary vehicle wear. Additionally, customers can now map and manage their entire fleet of on road, off road and unpowered assets from the same platform."
About DPL Telematics
DPL Telematics is a leading provider of advanced asset monitoring and telemetry technologies. With over 20 years of experience and an excess of $1 billion in customer mobile assets trusted to it over that time, DPL Telematics delivers a full suite of monitoring solutions with a global reach. For more information, visit www.dpltel.com.
SOURCE DPL Telematics